Y//2//K’s Trap Rendition of J-Pop
We can file this remix under the “oldie, but goodie” archives. Seriously, I think the last time I heard this track was in 2011?
And with this track, I’ve been flushed with the most weirdest of weird memories of the past, and I am oddly okay with that.
But really, there have been a lot of bootlegs and different reimagined versions since then, however this 2015 release defines the cultural music direction the new year is turning to.
With a synth-tastic melody, Y//2//K delights us with a new remix of PonPonPon, by Harajuku overlord, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu. The interesting take features a melodic retrospective of J-Pop, and Y//2//K amps it up a level by coinciding the electropop craziness with his personal trap touch.
PONPONPON (Remix)- Y//2//K
Latest posts by Gabby Espinet (see all)
- Obseen Will Make Your Hotline Bling - March 18, 2016
- Beshken Induces Us With A Smooth Yet Bouncy Beat - February 25, 2016
- Not Like That x Smoothie Tunes Present: London Showcase at The Yard - February 23, 2016
- Nine Lives Shows us what he can do with Louis The Child’s, “It’s Strange” - January 17, 2016
- Sad Money Releases the Next “Hotline” Ring-tone - November 19, 2015