What So Not drops first song off awaited EP
The first of the last is here. What So Not, the Australian production duo that formerly consisted of Flume and Emoh Instead, released the first song off of their upcoming Gemini EP, which is the last material that will be released that was produced by both artists. The duo announced in February that Flume would be leaving What So Not, citing creative differences as the reason for the split, and handing the project fully over to Emoh Instead. They announced that they will be releasing one final EP of songs that they co-produced. “Gemini,” featuring George Maple, is the first single that they have released off of the long-awaited EP.
The new track is melodic yet bouncy, with a trap rift that gives the song additional flair. George Maple, who has worked with Flume in the past, fills the tune with soft vocals that juxtapose the trappy drops. The single is a promising sign that the Gemini EP will be the perfect way for the championed duo to go out, while also readying the trap community for What So Not’s solo-produced future. Stream the track here.
What So Not – Gemini Ft. George Maple
Latest posts by Natalie Barman (see all)
- Le Youth Will “Make You Feel” Like Dancing With His Latest Mix - September 4, 2015
- Sweater Beats Adds To Growing Number Of “Weight in Gold” Remixes - September 3, 2015
- abhi//dijon Tease Upcoming EP With “jon b” - August 1, 2015
- Ta-ku Slows Down Gallant’s R&B Sound - July 31, 2015
- Oshi Gets Us Hyped for His EP with Latest Release - July 27, 2015