Ekali proves himself a master on latest Ta-ku remix
Canadian producer Ekali, who has put out a number of unique remixes over the last few months, dropped a remix of Ta-ku’s “Long Time No See” that beautifully combines soul with bass. The original song itself is a beauty, but this remix amplifies its best parts. It balances trap with a slow melodic sound, which is no easy feat, although Ekali makes it sound effortless.
This remix follows Ekali’s recent bootlegs- including Drake’s “kno urself” and Big Sean’s “blessings”- and remixes, all of which have demonstrated his mastery of the art of putting one’s own spin on songs. Listen to the remix below.
Latest posts by Natalie Barman (see all)
- Le Youth Will “Make You Feel” Like Dancing With His Latest Mix - September 4, 2015
- Sweater Beats Adds To Growing Number Of “Weight in Gold” Remixes - September 3, 2015
- abhi//dijon Tease Upcoming EP With “jon b” - August 1, 2015
- Ta-ku Slows Down Gallant’s R&B Sound - July 31, 2015
- Oshi Gets Us Hyped for His EP with Latest Release - July 27, 2015