Join The Team!
Interested in writing for Only The Beat?
We’re looking for people with passion. If you can dream it, and it’s relevant to dance music, we want to help you bring your creative dream to life. There’s always room on the team for someone with the right attitude.
If you’re interested in working alongside your favorite artists, ready to start conducting backstage interviews, or looking to build your personal portfolio of published articles, we have a variety of positions you can explore below. Don’t see a position you like but still want to get involved? Contact us anyways. There’s no better way to learn about the music industry than being in it.
This is your opportunity to shape the global conversation around electronic dance music.
The many perks of being a part of our team include:
- Media passes for events
- A reputable name to put on your resume – Internship credit if applicable
- A chance to amplify your voice and become an influencer/Tastemaker in the EDM scene
- Unbelievable networking opportunities with music industry professionals
- Lifetime friendships…and tons of couches to crash on (seriously we’ve done it)
- All positions are contribution roles (not employment) and unpaid
We are currently looking to fill 3 roles:
- Genre specific Contributors – It’s okay to love all genres, but we need writers who are subject matter experts. You will cover one genre, but of course, you can post about other genres here and there. As a member of a genre specific editorial team, you will be responsible for contributing at least 3 track posts per week.
- Editorial Contributors – You’re thoughtful in nature, keen on becoming an influencer, and have a serious interest in writing for as a profession. As a member of an editorial team you will be responsible for A) Maintaining your own weekly column or B) Contributing at least one 500+ word article each week.
- Editors – We’d like someone with some professional editing experience or previous blogging experience. Each editor manages a team of 5-10 writers and they’re responsible for the quality of published content, as well as communicating with the managing editor to schedule their teams content appropriately. Any content strategy experience is a plus.
- Fluency in English language and composition
- An ability to adapt to using new Web tools and services, more specifically WordPress and Social Media outlets
- A self-motivated attitude towards sourcing the latest dance music news and music releases
- Knowledge and passion for the EDM scene, including events, genres, and any other related information
- Basic HTML knowledge (extremely basic!)
The Only Occupational Qualification: Due to the nature of the music industry and its related age restrictions, we are only accepting applications from those aged 18 and above.
The Social Media Intern is responsible for defining and executing a specific social media strategy. Duties may include cultivating new communities and managing branded online communities on the company’s behalf using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media platforms. The specialist will provide relevant content daily while tracking metrics and monitoring relevant conversations.
Additionally, the candidate must possess a solid understanding of the social media universe, including Instagram, Flickr, StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, reddit, forums, wikis and blogs.
- Responsible for daily maintenance of social media outlets you’ve been assigned to.
- Coordinating the marketing calendar with online activity
- Partnering with other departments to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy, ensuring consistency of messages across multiple networks
- Continuous monitoring and coverage of assigned platforms
Candidate should have some background and familiarity with video production as well as experience with Final Cut Pro or similar non-linear editing software required. We can provide internship credit for those who are still in college.
- Assist with producing video content for website
- Includes Shooting and editing video (your own equipment)
- Other duties as assigned
Want to suggest a position? Interested in providing a guest post? Contact us here